Monday, September 28, 2009

What A Week

Last week Corban got sick, and then I got sick, so now I am behind on school work (after missing all my classes last week) and nursing the remains of a sore throat. Bleh.

I do, however, have a few success stories to share. First of all is Xenu, which I painted forever and a day ago, and just have not gotten posted to the blog till now. A nice addition to the Deities collection, I like to think.

xenu1

Next is a new style I'm working on and a piece in the Fire Fly v Lightning Bug collection (please ignore the crappy photography).

lightningbugrain1

I'm actually really liking this style...we'll see what comes of it.

Next we have Chicken with Indian Spices and Yogurt. Corban really liked it while I thought it to be a big fantastic MEH. I don't really like Indian cuisine, though.

Chicken with Indian Spices and Yogurt

And then, Poached Garlic Chicken. I *heart* garlic.

Poached Garlic Chicken

This week I'm departing from my usual meat and potatoes to try a couple Mexican-style dishes (Chicken Enchilladas and Pollo Rellenos)! I also got some more fresh peppers from my dad's garden, so I will be making another fabulous stew.

That is all for now; I must go and make a least a half-hearted attempt at caring about my homework.

Chelle

1 comment:

Hope said...

Yay for Firefly VS Lightning bug! I love that series, as you know.

I also love the new dishes you've been doing. I need to get back on the trying new things bandwagon. :-)

Miss you and glad you're finally starting to feel better.