Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mmmmm, Fall

Autumn is the best.

I have several success stories from my cooking this week. The contestants are as follows:

Stir Fried Chicken With Cauliflower

Stir Fried Chicken with Cauliflower (I know that nobody likes it, but I heart cauliflower)

Parmesan Risotto with Mushrooms

Parmesan Risotto with Mushrooms (a lovely vegetarian option for dinner)

German Apple Cake

German Apple Cake (made from a recipe given to me by my Mamaw Thacker)

And the winner is...GERMAN APPLE CAKE! Dingdingding. De-licious!

Since we've finally gotten to some good stew weather, I finally feel justified in continuing to cook my stewy goodness. This weekend I want to try Chicken and Garlic Stew...because nothing in this world is better than garlic. I've also planned an Indian-flavored dish, which should be an interesting new genre for me.

New Top Chef tonight! Much more important than homework, for sure.

Chelle Lynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so brave! I hate cooking...so I don't. I'd basically starve if Jeff wasn't amazing at it!
Trying to make these right now, but it will indeed be a 'fail': http://www.bakerella.com/pumpkin-pie-bites/
because no one around here believes in canned pumpkin!!!

Chelle Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, I am going to try those pumpkin bites the moment I am able to go to the grocery store and get the ingredients. Too cute, and I LOVE everything pumpkin.

I can't believe that canned pumpkin doesn't exist up there! So many good things are impossible with it!