Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Graduation Anxiety

There is way too much to do before next Monday, when my graduation application is due. I am at stress level midnight.

However, someone got me flowers!

DSC01940

It's the little things, right?

Also, I haven't been cooking as much as I would like, but here are a few of the recent success stories. You will notice that there is NOT a photo of a Coq Au Vin. That's because it was absolutely nasty. I was so sad. Presently I am putting off going to the grocery store to get what I need for a beef stew tomorrow that I'm making with fresh veggies from my dad's garden! I'm so excited!

Chicken and Artichoke Sauté

Chicken and Artichoke Sauté

Chicken Cacciatore

Chicken Cacciatore

Chicken Kiev

Chicken Kiev

Man, what is up with all this chicken? I need to get some red meat up in here!

Chelle

3 comments:

{Ashley} said...

mmmm chicken. Your kiev looks amazing! Butter is such a good thing.

Do you want to meet up before Saturday night? You can tell me about your life.

Hope said...

Pretty flowers! The men do good sometimes, don't they? :-)

I definitely want the recipe for the Chicken Kiev. It looks spectacular! Love you lady. See you soon?!?

Chelle Lynn said...

This recipe for chicken kiev is from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, augmented slightly by me.

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
salt
pepper
1 tbsp chopped green onion
1 tbsp parsley
1 clove minced garlic
½ stick chilled butter, plus 1 tbsp for cooking
1 egg
1 tbsp water
¼ c flour
¼ c fine dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp oil

1. Rinse chicken and pat dry; place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 in thick; remove plastic wrap and season with salt and pepper
2. Combine green onion, parsley, and garlic; sprinkle on chicken
3. Cut ½ stick butter into four sticks; place a stick of butter in the center of each chicken piece; fold in sides and roll up, pressing edges to seal (for Cheesy Chicken Rolls, prepare as above, substituting sticks of Caraway or Gruyère)
4. Beat egg; stir in water
5. Coat rolls with flour, dip in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs
6. Cover and chill for 1 to 24 hrs
7. Heat oven to 400
8. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter and oil; add chicken rolls; cook over medium high heat about 5 min, until golden brown, turning to brown all sides
9. Transfer to a 2 quart rectangular baking dish and bake for 15-18 min, until chicken is no longer pink; spoon drippings over rolls

Oh, butter, how I love you!