Monday, August 10, 2009

Produce is Fun!

I bought kale for the first time today! I've never even seen it before, so I just kind of wandered around the produce section of the Prestonwood Tom Thumb, looking lost, until someone offered to help me. Turns out, it kind of looks like lettuce. Who knew? Anyway, I'm going to make sirloin steaks with mustard and kale sauce tonight for dinner. Hopefully it will turn out amazingly. I know you're jealous. It's ok. Seriously, though, I am a hopeless carnivore, and I'm wondering if it's entirely healthy. Mentally, I mean. There is nothing in this world that I love more (except maybe my husband) than a perfectly seasoned medium rare steak (mmmm, blood) with just a little bit of garlic butter on top. Butter and cow flesh. Ironically, I detest the taste of swine. Except for bacon, of course. It barely counts as pig anyway.

In less disgusting-to-vegetarians news, my last summer class finishes up this week, for which I am incredibly grateful. I'm making a B, and I'm fairly confident that I can sustain it until the bitter end. Then I get a couple weeks off until the fall semester starts and the real fun begins. I swear to god, if one more person asks me what I'm going to do with my English literature degree, I might actually go insane. Nothing, people. Absolutely nothing. What else could one do with a lit degree? Except maybe sitting around being superior. But, I feel that I do that anyway.

I am woefully behind on the painting front. I worked the library so much last week, plus two weekends in a row, so I haven't had time for anything. This week I am getting caught up for sure!...after my final exam.

diary7

I am aware that not everyone may be interested in my specific feelings towards my reproductive organs, but I think that it deserves being said that every now and then, I really do just hate my freaking uterus. (And, yes, this one was 2008 as well...apparently it took me a while to get it.)

Everyone should officially "follow" my blog! Your picture will appear to the left and everything. It will mean that we are best friends. Also, Twitter. Yes, Twitter is lame, but...is it?

Happy Monday, all!

Chelle Lynn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish people would stop asking what I am going to use my degree for too! I'd also like them to stop asking "how much longer?" and "will you ever finish?" argh!