Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Slowly but Surely Gettin' 'Er Done!

I feel as though I am finally making some headway on all my backed up orders. Thank you, everyone for your infinite patience! I finally finished Christy's Indian Paintbrush, and I think it is absolutely darling.

OKindianpaintbrush1

Each of these flowers definitely present all new challenges. Some of them I have not seen before, while others I have seen, and struggle to fit into the body of work as a whole. I've seen many an Indian Paintbrush before, but honestly never up close, and it was very important to me to get that vibrant color just right. My next project is another Indian Paintbrush and a Bluebonnet for Jessica. Hoorah for state pride!

For anyone who struggles with making the creative process a daily routine, this video is really uplifting. Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat, Pray, Love, talks about how to deal with success, failure, and the daily process of creating as an artist. The whole TED series is actually really really great, I highly recommend checking it out.

As some of you know, I am not the most accomplished of cooks (although I am very proud of the Florintine Shells that I made a few nights ago...)

Florintine Shells...my most successful meal to date!

That being said, I am very excited to read to library book that came in for me last night, Julie Powell's Julie and Julia! I am such a terrible cook, but I love the idea of trying everything, and I'm really considering taking on a similar (although maybe less intense) project myself. Maybe a Paula Deen cookbook? :)

So, without further ado, here's today's comic! The last one of 2007!

diary5

I always write down funny/interesting/meaningful/beautiful quotes that I run into in my reading or moving watching. I've been doing this since high school, and it has become something of a ritual for me. Many times I will read a book that I don't particularly like, but I can always appreciate some good one-liners.

An old friend of mine from high school, Celia, is getting married to an old neighbor of mine, Jeff, in less than two weeks; a few days ago I got on her wedding blog, and it is the cutest thing! Seriously, if there's anyone out there planning a wedding, check out her blog, she has some really great DIY ideas. Linky link link. I wish I had been more creative like this with my wedding!

I hope that everyone is doing well and has a happy Hump Day! Don't forget to check out the etsy shop for all your art-related needs!

Chelle Lynn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ta da!
http://weddingchicks.com/wc-brides/celia/5831

Great work!!! Thanks for the mention!

{Ashley} said...

I have two comments. Is that okay? :)

1. The paintbrush is amazing! I love the colors! WONDERFUL job!

2. I'm reading Julie & Julia, too! We should make a book club. :)

Lets meet next week. Thursday?

{Ashley} said...

oh! I forgot a comment!

DON'T follow Paula Deen's cookbook(s)! I can't let a friend cook bad recipes - I'll let you borrow any one of my Ina Garten or Bobby Flay cookbooks. Seriously. I love you too much for that.

Unknown said...

How well are your paintings selling? The pasta dish looks well well. Put a lot of time in on it?

Chelle Lynn said...

1) Ashley- we definitely should meet next week...I'll email you. :) And, I for sure need to get with you on a good cook book to get into. I think it sounds like a fun experiment! Don't you love the book?! I think it's really sweet.

2)Josiah- my shop is picking up speed, slowly but surely. I'm really happy with the progress. And, the Florintine Shells really didn't take that long...and they were delicious! It was a really fun dish to make!

Chelle Lynn said...

And, Celia, thanks for the mention!

Hope said...

I want the recipe for the Florintine Shells. I'm sorry I didn't stay for dinner now, looks amazing!