Saturday, May 23, 2009

Auto-Mobiles

Everyone is familiar with that dreaded little red "Check Engine" light on the dashboard of every car. In the case of my 2002 VW Golf, it is roughly in the shape of an actual engine (although, in reality, it looks like a faucet.) That apologetic little light went on about a week ago, and I waited until yesterday for it to go away on it's own, like a head cold, or summer mosquitos. When this didn't happen, I took it to the shop and expected a call saying that I would have to fork out $400 for some dinky part that I probably don't even need. There went my summer clothes money. It was a pain, I was annoyed.

The call came.

The repairs would cost $1,300.

All because of a little red light.

However, I can't really complain, because in the end, I have a new timing belt (plus some other car stuff things I don't remember), my car has been looked over by professionals, and I can reasonably expect that the Golf will be ok for a little while yet. And who needs money, anyway? Not this lady. Nuh-uh.

As for painting news, I've started on a series that I've been planning for months. It's called Firefly Versus Lightning Bug. I'm really excited about it, I think it's going to be a really fun collection. I'm also planning to fill out the Cross Vine Giggles collection over the next few months. I really enjoyed working on it, and I think that it can be a really successful collection if I put some more time into it. So, exciting new things are coming...well, exciting for me at least.

Everyone be safe during the Memorial Day weekend!

-Chelle Lynn

1 comment:

{Ashley} said...

I hate car maintenance, especially on our line of vehicles - I had an oil change the other day and it was $90! I've got to find somewhere that can do it for cheaper. Any suggestions?

Can't wait to see you Tuesday!